Although it might not feel like it in all parts of the country, it’s nearly time for April showers and May flowers. Many students start to get antsy at this time of year in anticipation of the end of the school year. Start your class off on a happy note with these spring riddles for kids; afterall, laughter is conducive to learning.
Beginner Riddles for Kids
- What day in spring has the most children? Mother’s Day!
- Why is April the cleanest month? Because April showers.
- Which month likes walking? March
- Why was the bunny happy? Because somebunny loved him.
- I don’t have wings, but I can fly. I have a tail. I am very colorful. I am not a bird. What am I? A kite
- In the summer, I stay awake longer, and in the winter, I go to sleep early. What am I? The sun
- What did the bird say when he saw the bees dancing? I don’t bee-lieve it
- Cows walk on me throughout the day. Cows sleep on me through the night. And cows eat me, and it’s alright. What am I? Grass.
Intermediate Riddles for Kids
- After 12 years it’s my turn to bring you good luck. I’m clever enough to find my way out of a maze, I’m easy to please, just get me some cheese! What am I? A mouse
- You break me before you use me. You throw me out if I’m cracking up. What am I? An egg
- What do bears need in spring? Just the bare necessities.
- Which month always has the answers to requests? May
- What kind of rain do you want at your birthday party? Sprinkles
- I can fly forward, and I can fly backward. I can zip this way and that. You can hear my wings, but you can’t see them. What am I? A hummingbird.
- What does a flower bomb sound like? Kabloom.
- What gift does April bring May? Flowers
Advanced Riddles for Kids
- When is the best time to play on a pogo stick? Springtime!
- Do springtime bees know how to tie shoes? Maybee, maybee knot.
- What do you call a gasoline-powered cow in the garden? A lawn Moower.
- Which flowers like to kiss? Tulips.
- Although I’m a flower, you can find me in your eye. What am I? Iris.
- What do you call a pig that lives underground? A groundhog.
- Where did the bunny go when it was told it had to hop farther east? Easter
- How did the daffodil win the car race? By putting the petal to the metal.
What day is ok to fill a sink full of mayonnaise? Cinco de Mayo!
Do you have any favorite riddles? Share them with us below!
Delanie Honda has a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature and a Master’s degree in International Education Policy from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. While in Cambodia in 2014, she discovered she had a passion for helping students around the world achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals through language learning. During her Master’s studies, she researched interventions using technology to provide quality education to students around the world. She has been a tutor with ALO7 since April 2017 and lived in Southeast Asia, Ecuador and Colombia.
The digital nomad lifestyle has allowed her to pursue the two things she loves: travel and education. As a Chinese-Japanese American, Delanie is asked, “Where are you from?” a lot, but welcomes the opportunity to share her culture with the people she meets from around the world. Her favorite things to do while traveling are trying new foods, playing Ultimate Frisbee, and exploring on foot.