Frequently Asked Questions
Based in Shanghai, China, ALO7 English is an educational technology company that creates cutting edge educational content, products and services. It is one of the leading K12 English education solutions providers in China, focusing on children between the ages of three to 18. From creating curriculum to offering online tutoring to students, ALO7 English provides one-stop solutions for schools and institutions. By the end of 2017, more than 5,000 schools and 1,000 institutions across China, and more than 15 million teachers and students had the pleasure of using ALO7 English products.
ALO7 online English tutors primarily teach one-to-three, one-to-five, or group session English classes using ALO7’s colorful and engaging online curriculum. The curriculum incorporates the key elements of the educational standards from China, North America and Europe. To gain a clearer understanding of what it is like to teach online for ALO7 English, please watch this YouTube video:
- You must be a native English speaker who was born and grew up in either the United States, Canada,
the United Kingdom or Australia
- A bachelor’s degree in any field of study or current enrollment in a four-year college program
- Tutoring, teaching (including homeschooling) or mentoring experience preferred; however, any experience working with children will be considered
- TESOL/TEFL or any other ESL certificate is strongly preferred
- Comfortable working in an online environment
- Available to teach during peak tutoring hours in China, which are 6 am – 9 am BJT. Use this time converter to see how your local time aligns to Beijing time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- A Mac or Windows-based computer with an Intel Core i3 CPU or higher and at least 4 GB RAM
- HD external camera or integrated camera (most PCs and laptops come with cameras)
- A headset with a microphone
- Stable internet with at least 4Mbps/4Mbps (upload/download) and Ping ≤100
- Google Chrome version 49 or above
- A quiet room with good lighting
Submit your resumé (PDF format preferred), voice recording and optional cover letter at https://tutor.alo7.com/
Interview /Mock class (50 minutes):
You will receive an email to book an online interview. The interview will be scheduled between you and an ALO7 recruiter. During the interview, you will be asked to do an online mock class where you can ask the recruiter any questions you may have regarding the position.
Self-Study & Online Quiz:
After the interview, you are required to watch self-study videos and then complete an online quiz. If you do not pass the quiz, study the incorrect answers, review the study materials and take the quiz again.
Contract signing and Document Submission:
After you pass the interview and quiz, you will be provided an Independent Contractor Agreement to sign. Documentation will need to be submitted along with the signed Agreement. After submitting these documents, you are officially on board.
Readiness Check & Orientation Session:
A technical check is provided to make sure your computer meets the requirements necessary to teach a class. An orientation session is then scheduled with a member of ALO7’s academic team to help you be well-prepared before your first class.
Ready to Teach:
After completing the aforementioned process, you will be ready to join our team of online English tutors.